Life is what you make it

"LIFE should not be a Journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body but RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY WORN OUT and LOUDLY PROCLAIMING WOW WHAT A RIDE" many authors





Saturday, March 26, 2011

May's Classes and creative play

This is what I have been working on through out March.  I am preparing for May's classes at Scraps of Art. I will have a firm date soon so stay tuned.

 I am offering a class on stamping with bleach. We will use bleach in several different ways.  We will paint with it as well as stamp in it.
Also in May I will show you how to use your chalks in a way not known to many.  Using tools such as Emory boards, versa mark pad, embossing powder and even, just maybe a water pen.
Then lastly but not least important is my latest transparency card.  I have been working on these for a couple of months now. Developing the technique of layering in color and design as well as texture into the layers of the card.  This came about as a challenge from acharmingplace to use something that it wasn't meant to be used for. I hope to bring this all together and get a great working combination of elements and layers for an upcoming class so stay tuned.
Lastly, I reached the point of vacuuming my art room today.  I have arranged and rearranged, stacked and unstacked, sorted, saved and thrown out.  I feel a new energy in my room so I am calling my latest efforts to organize and get the room set up for teaching and learning a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment